Vertical Rail offers highly rewarding internships to university students in the Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay area. Join our dynamic team of marketers and work in a fast-paced, start-up environment as you learn and develop skills that translate directly into a career in e-commerce marketing.
Are you our next intern?
We’re looking for motivated self-starters with a desire to learn and grow professionally. If you fit the description below, we’d love to hear from you.
- Senior college student majoring in economics, business, marketing, or related fields
- Knowledge of web and social media
- A tendency toward organization with an eye for detail
- Ability to efficiently manage time and time-sensitive projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bilingual a plus!
This internship is designed to help you learn new skills and develop your strengths. On the job, you may work with programs, apps, languages, platforms, and tools including Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, SQL, Python – so be sure to note your experience in any of these areas!
- Who? Maybe you! Our internships are open to students in, or entering, their senior year of college.
- When? Internships begin as soon as we find the right person.
- Where? You will work on-site at our office in Aptos, CA where you’ll be just 5 short minutes away from the beach and a bevy delectable eateries!
- How? Please send us your resume along with a short cover letter so that we can get to know you. Be sure to note your skills, interests, and accomplishments!
- Hours: We require a minimum commitment of 12 hours a week. However, we are flexible and can work with you to build a program that best fits your academic schedule.
- Perks: Free coffee, tea, and snacks!
As a Marketing Intern, you will delve deeper into the daily day-to-days of the Vertical Rail team and have the opportunity to anything from: building pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns, blogging, optimizing websites (SEO), managing client reports, developing marketing strategies, designing banner ads for Display Network advertising, and even interfacing with the sales teams of national brands!
Our objective here is to help you develop your skillset within the realm of online marketing. Is your passion PPC? Or is your heart set on SEO? Maybe your prowess lies in programming. Whatever the case, your Vertical Rail mentor will be your guide!
What you’ll be doing:
- The development of marketing content for our active knowledge base
- Assisting on client accounts
- Developing marketing strategies
What you will achieve:
- Your AdWords certification (depending on experience)
- Hands-on marketing experience
- The opportunity to become a full-fledged member of the VR team!
How to Apply
No phone calls please. Please send a resume and a cover letter (by using the form below) that speaks to your strengths and demonstrates your professionalism, writing skills and passion for marketing. Resumes without cover letters will be disregarded.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Vertical Rail carefully reviews each application within two weeks of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in working with us.