Widget Context can show or hide widgets depending on the page that is being viewed.
Settings > Widget Context
Default settings work well.
Within every widget you use in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see a section called Widget Context where you can control areas where the widget is visible or hidden.
- Start by choosing a visibility option:
- Show widget everywhere and Hide widget everywhere are self-explanatory. Just hit the widget’s Save button after your choice.
- If you choose one of the other two options, you’ll see more settings appear.
- Global Sections: you can hide the widget or make it visible according to the type of page or post.
- Custom Post Types and Taxonomies: if you have custom post types or taxonomies, you can target them as well.
- Word Count: target a page/post by the number of words it contains.
- Target by URL: target a page/post by its slug. Useful if you want to target a specific page/post, or a parent and its child pages using the (*) wildcard. For example, the following targets the Company page (http://www.example.com/company/) and all its subpages.
- Click the Save button after any changes.