The Born to Run Program is a way for Vendors to launch new products and build sales velocity quickly. Amazon will generally wait for new products to gain traction before placing a large order, but the program, available only to 1P sellers, gets Amazon to purchase a large quantity of your new product right off the bat. Vendors who participate in Born to Run choose their initial 10-week inventory position (Launch Buy Quantity) in exchange for:
- The right to return all unsold products after the initial 10 weeks
- AMA spending of at least 10% of the LBQ cost.
- The total cost of the LBQ can’t exceed $50,000
- Vendors must utilize AMS for at least 90 days prior to signing up
- The ASIN must not have a cost of less than $5; already have been in-stock at an Amazon fulfillment center for over 30 days; and be excessively heavy or bulky.
Are you making the PROFIT in AMAZON you think you are?
Leave a Reply