This is my recap of the top searches for the week of February 28th – March 6th, as according to Google Trends:
The top search of the week was for Momofuku Ando – inventor of instant ramen. Google’s “Noodle Doodle” paid tribute to the creator who passed away in 2007. Google Doodle artist Sophie Diao is to blame for the whimsical piece of online art that sparked such interest.
Unstoppable UFC Champion Ronda Rousey made headlines this week with 1 million plus searches after her unbelievable 14 second win over opponent Cat Zingano.
A big week for technophiles and mobile enthusiasts alike, Samsung announced their new Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone will be released for sale April 10th.
A variation on the main device, it will feature a display wrapping around the side in order to display notifications and other useful information. This additional screen area will be due to the S6 Edge’s curved display, similar to the Galaxy Note Edge. It will also have a new custom color Caller ID feature, a larger 2,600mAh battery, some minor improvements to the rear-facing camera, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera capable of real-time HDR and wide lens shooting.
A few weeks ago, “Fifty Shades of Grey” debuted as one of the top earning films. This week, it made search news again, as leading actress Dakota Johnson dissed the film on Saturday Night Live. Her parents – Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith – reunited to watch Dakota host the show.
- Kim Kardashian went blonde.
- The Jodi Arias jury was unable to reach a unanimous decision, allowing her to escape the death penalty.
- Justin Bieber turned 21.
- Chris Brown has been calling his girlfriend, Karreuche Tran, non-stop to apologize for his 9-month-old daughter “bombshell”.
- Three people were shot outside Fort Worth’s IHOP.
- Curt Schilling was cyber bullied for a statement he tweeted in support of his daughter.