This is my recap of the top searches for the week of April 4th – 10th, as according to Google Trends:
Jordan Spieth dominated competition at Augusta this past week by setting the record for the best 36 and 54-hole score, tying for the best 72-hole score in Masters history. His performance this weekend has asserted his potential, positioning himself as one of the next great golfers.
Other highlights from the 4 day event included Charley Hoffman bringing the heat necessary to challenge Spieth, and Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia playing together for the first time in 2 years.
The past month all lead up to April 6th’s final game between Duke and Wisconsin. With a final score of 68 – 63, the Duke Blue Devils won their fifth national title. On a similar note of accomplishment, the UConn women’s team beat Notre Dame to win the NCAA title for the 3rd year in a row. For a recap of how the tournament played out, check out the official NCAA Division Brackets for both the men and women.
Female UFC champ Ronda Rousey has been on a winning streak this year. About a month ago, she made headlines with an outstanding, 14 second win against Cat Zingano. More recently, she signed a new, long-term contract. And this week, she’s truly become the one to beat by influencing UFC women to improve their Judo techniques in order to stand any real chance.
One month ago, Apple announced the release of their new Apple Watch. Apple’s Online Store opened preorders to the technology accessory, receiving so many requests that estimated wait times for the item are as late as August. What makes more than 1 million estimated preorders even more extraordinary is the price range, with watches being priced anywhere from $349 to $17,000.
- The internet celebrated Easter with a plethora of shared pictures.
- A dashcam video of Walter Scott’s shooting was released.
- Kentucky basketball player Andrew Harrison used the “N” word when referring to a player on the opposing team, which resulted in misunderstood backlash.
- Anne Hathaway blew everyone away on “Lip Sync Battle” with her best rendition of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”.
- Snapchat released an update that now uses emojis to signal the closeness of your relationship with your friends.
- April 7th was National Beer Day, and April 10th was National Sibling Day.
- The Season 3 trailer for “Orange is the New Black” was released by Netflix.
- Taylor Swift let her fans know about her mother’s recent cancer diagnosis.
- The first weekend of Coachella happened.
- Hillary Clinton officially announced her running for president.