Use an Amazing PhotographChoose great art to go along with your posts – and this includes an appealing thumbnail. Not only do they break up text and make the post more pleasing to the eye, blogs with at least one image are shared twice as often as those with none.
Write more, not lessIt may seem backward, but research has shown lengthier blogs get shared more often. Longer, more in-depth pieces show more expertise on the given subject and can help build authority for your business. But longer posts don’t mean a page of plain, hard-to-read gray text. You can make material easier to digest by using images, subheads, shorter paragraphs, info boxes and bullet points. Keep in mind that glaring spelling or grammar mistakes will immediately undermine the credibility of the content. On top of that, most users will not share posts that are poorly-written and full of errors.
Master the headlineThe headline is the first thing most users will see, and it must be enticing enough to be clicked on. The best way to create a compelling headline is to draft several options, then tweak and choose the one that best represents the heart of your content – and your company. To create magnetic headlines, follow these basic rules:
- Incorporate keywords so your posts show up in relevant searches
- Use numbers (i.e.: 5 Simple Ways to Make Your eCommerce Site More Customer-Centric)
- Begin with “How To” (How to Optimize a Digital Press Release for Search)
- Include a year (i.e.: X Interior Designers to Watch in 2016)
- Say something that might be considered debatable or even controversial (i.e.: Top X Movies in the World)