Redirection allows you to manage all your 301 redirects and monitor 404 errors.
More Info on Redirection
Default settings work well. Click on the Options tab if you wish to change settings.
Detailed documentation: https://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/redirection/
For simple page-to-page:
- Click on the Redirects
- Source URL: enter the URL that you want to redirect somewhere else, minus the domain name. For example: /oldpage/that/needs/redirecting/
- Match: leave on URL only.
- Action: leave on Redirect to URL.
- Regular expression: leave unchecked.
- Target URL: enter the URL that the user will be redirected to. Use the full URL, for example: http://www.example.com/new-page/
Note that items can be re-ordered and this may influence which re-direction takes effect.