As of September 2019, Amazon Product Display is now Sponsored Display, ads that re-engage shoppers off Amazon and drive them to your detail pages.
As of November 2019, Amazon retired its Giveaway program.
As of January 2020, Amazon terminated the Free Shipping promotion.
Amazon Prime Day happens once a year, and if you’re a seller, you’ll want to be prepared when it rolls around – typically mid-July. There are multiple things to consider in preparation for the big day.
Your Amazon product listings should always be optimized for the best visibility, but you should evaluate products you plan to offer on Prime Day. This includes editing product titles as needed and making sure the character limits are the appropriate lengths to show on desktop and mobile.
In addition, product bullet points should be checked for accuracy, keyword relevance, and include specific product descriptions.
Include multiple images for every Prime Day product. High-quality images that a user can zoom into for a closer look are ideal.
Amazon offers a variety of advertising formats and promotions for you to choose from, including everything from standard ads to flash sales.
- Amazon Sponsored Products: Basic keyword targeted ads that appear in search results and product display pages.
- Amazon Sponsored Brands: Sellers with Brand Registry can use these headline-style ads to bring in Prime Day shoppers.
- Amazon Product Display Ads: Targeted creative ads that drive traffic to a product’s detail page.
- Amazon Lightning Deals: A promotion that offers a limited quantity of a product for a short period of time.
- Amazon Buy One Get One Promotions: A limited-time, “buy one (or many) get one free” offer.
- Amazon Percentage Off Discounts: A promotion with a tiered discount structure to encourage the customer to buy more because they get a better discount.
- Amazon Coupons: A discount on a single product or a set of products.
- Social Media Promotion Codes: Creates a unique marketing page that can be shared with followers, where they can purchase discounted items with no need for a promotional code.
- Free Shipping: A limited time offer on Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) products or an entire catalog.
- Giveaways: A tool used to create sweepstakes promotions on Amazon products.
Rectify Any Performance Issues
Check your Amazon account health on a regular basis leading up to Prime Day – and always. Problems with your products or customer communications can impact your success. Reach out to Amazon with questions or concerns about issues immediately to ensure you’re ready for Prime Day.
Prime Day Fulfillment
It’s key to have short handling times and quick delivery for success on Prime Day. Using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) will ensure you meet Amazon’s delivery requirements. However, if your products are Seller-Fulfilled Prime, make sure your inventory is ready to go and your shipping methods are reliable.
Amazon Prime Day is a team-wide event for participating businesses. Your strategy should include before-, during-, and after-Prime Day preparations to ensure the highest level of success.
Make important AMAZON decisions with confidence