Build a catalog, manage orders, and control inventory
Professional sellers can partner with the world’s largest retailer in Walmart Marketplace, where products are sold alongside Walmart and other marketplace sellers’ inventories. As a seller, your products are presented to millions of consumers who shop at the retail giant’s online store.
Once approved on Walmart Marketplace, a seller can build a product catalog, manage orders, and control inventory. There are no monthly fees, but a referral fee is automatically deducted from payment of sold items. Note that Marketplace sellers must have a verified business address in the United States in order to participate.
Start selling your product on Walmart Marketplace in 5 steps.
- Request Approval: Make sure you meet the requirements to join the Walmart selling community and apply at https://marketplace-apply.walmart.com/. The process will take approximately 15 minutes. To speed up the process, make sure you have the following information available:
- US Business Tax ID (SSN not accepted)
- W9 or W8 and EIN Verification Letter from the Department of Treasury that verifies your US business address or place of physical operations
- Address of physical operations
- Planned integration method for your product catalog
- Primary product categories, catalog size, total SKUs, verified UPC information, etc.
- Accept Walmart Marketplace Invitation
- Register in Seller Center: Sign a Walmart Retailer Agreement and set up a Seller Center profile.
- Onboarding: Choose integration method, add products, and test orders.
- Request Product Launch: When ready, request to launch your store. Walmart will review your account to make sure everything is completed and get you selling.
If you need assistance in getting started with Walmart Marketplace, contact the team at Vertical Rail.