Opening a PDF in Google Chrome can sometimes affect printing abilities. If Google Chrome is currently your default PDF viewer and you want to disable that feature, read on.
- Click on the following link, or copy and paste it into your Chrome address bar: chrome://settings/content
- The Content Setting box will automatically open
- Scroll to the bottom of the Content Setting box until you see “PDF Documents”
- Check the box that says “Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application”
- Click “Done.”
How To Confirm Acrobat is the Default PDF Viewer After Changing Chrome Settings
- Right click on any PDF that still shows this icon and click on “Properties”
- Click on “Change” and choose the Acrobat product you want to use. Click “OK”, and then click “OK” again.
This will change the icons to the new default reader system icons. The Google Chrome PDF reader is now disabled and you’ll be ready to open PDFs in Acrobat and print accordingly!