Custom alerts in Google Analytics are great for helping you keep track of your website traffic wherever and whenever you need to. You can choose to receive alerts whenever traffic dips, spikes, sales drop off, referral traffic increases, Adwords sales decrease, and more. Almost all metrics and dimensions can be added to reports and set up as an alert.
Set up custom alerts in Google Analytics
- Click on the reporting tab in your Google Analytics Account
- Select Intelligence Events in the navigation pane and click on Overview
- Select Custom Alerts and then click Manage
- Click the red +New Alert button and fill out your alert conditions you want emailed or texted to your phone.
- Save your alert and that’s it!
For more information, visit the Google Analytics Help Center