Knowing the various ways by which you can analyze Facebook campaign performance is extremely helpful for understanding how to create campaigns, Ad Sets, and audiences. It allows you to apply the most effective yet minimal targeting strategies, to get the data you really want to know.
The Columns drop down lets you see pre-selected views of your data. Each view displays a set number of metrics:
- Performance: Results, Reach, Cost, Budget, Amount Spent, Schedule
- Delivery: Reach, Frequency, Cost per 1,000 People Reached, Impressions, CPM (Cost per 1,000 Impressions)
- Facebook Engagement: People Taking Action, Post Likes, Post Comments, Post Shares, Link Clicks, Page Likes
- Video Engagement: Impressions, Video Views, Cost per Video View, 10-Second Video Views, Cost per 10-Second Video View, Reach, Amount Spent, Average % of Video Viewed, Video Views to: 25%, 50%, 75%, 95%, 100%
- App Engagement: Mobile App Installs, Mobile App Actions, Cost per Mobile App Install, Cost per Mobile App Action, App Installs, App Engagement, Cost per App Install, Cost per App Engagement, Post Likes, Post Comments, Post Shares
- Carousel Engagement: Reach, Frequency, Impressions, Clicks (All), Unique Clicks (All), CTR (All), Unique CTR (All), Amount Spent, CPM (Cost per 1,000 Impressions), Cost per 1,000 People Reached, CPC (All), Cost per Unique Click (All), Actions, People Taking Action, Link Clicks, CTR (Link), Mobile App Installs, Leads (Conversion), Key Web Page Views (Conversion), Other Website Conversions, Registrations (Conversions), Adds to Cart (Conversion), Checkout (Conversion), Cost per Mobile App Install, Cost per Lead (Conversion), Cost per Key Web Page View (Conversion), Cost per Other Website Conversion, Cost per Registration (Conversion), Cost per Add to Cart (Conversion), Cost per Checkout (Conversion)
- Performance and Clicks: Results, Reach, Frequency, Cost, Amount Spent, Ends, Clicks (All), CTR (All), CPC (All), Impressions, CPM (Cost per 1,000 Impressions), Link Clicks, CPC (Link), CTR (Link)
- Cross-Device: Website Actions (All), Mobile App Installs, Website Action Value (All), Cost per Website Action (All), Cost per Mobile App Install
- Custom: You can customize any number of sets of columns, and save them however you with to label or identify them. Each custom column set can include any combination of metrics related to: Performance, Engagement, Videos, Website, Apps, Events, Clicks, and Settings.
Facebook Campaign Breakdown
You can breakdown a Facebook campaign data by delivery, action, and time.
You can select one breakdown per category. For example, you can breakdown your data by Placement, Conversion Device, and Month. However, some breakdowns cancel each other out (ex. you can’t view by Age and Conversion Device).
If you are trying to determine the response of age ranges and genders to your ad creative, target all ages and genders and use delivery breakdown to analyze. Same goes for countries and regions. However, if you are trying to analyze interests and behaviors within a certain demographic, you’re out of luck.
There is no way to breakdown your Ad Sets by any detailed targeting you have defined. If you are trying to determine whether 25-35 year olds, who are interested in or behave as X, Y, or Z, respond better to your ad creative – create one ad set per interest or behavior. Only combine interests and behaviors in ad sets if you are testing combinations; but again, create one ad set per combination you want to test.