Water beads provide water to plants and animals but are also marketed as toys and learning aids for children
As of December 22, 2023, Amazon will no longer allow the sale of water beads for use by children in Amazon’s US and Canadian stores, as they have been found to pose life-threatening safety hazards if they are swallowed.
Water beads are super-absorbent polymer spheres of different sizes and colors that expand to many times their original size when exposed to moisture. They are also known as jelly beads, gel beads, water orbs, polymer beads, and sensory beads; water beads provide water to plants and animals but are also marketed as toys and learning aids for children.
If you sell water beads that reference any use by children, the products should be removed immediately.
Amazon will remove any product listings for water beads if they:
- Refer to children, or use the terms “child”, “youth”, “kids”, “boys”, or “girls”.
- Include any images with children with the product
- Or use the descriptive terms, “arts”, “crafts” or “sensory play”
If you believe that your product has been removed in error, submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A list of the ASINs that you believe have been misclassified
- An explanation of why you believe that the ASINs have been misclassified
- Evidence to demonstrate that the ASINs have been misclassified
For more information, go to Water beads.
Need an AMAZON EXPERT in your corner?