AdWords’ New “Review Extensions” Is A Welcome Addition To The PPC Advertiser’s Arsenal
Google AdWords is officially rolling out the new Review Extensions to all AdWords accounts today. The new extension allows PPC advertisers to attach a quote or blurb from a reputable publication to any AdWords text ad.
According to Google, Israeli airline El Al experienced a 10% increase in CTR attributable to their use of Review Extensions during the beta release which rolled out in June 2013.
Here is an example of what Review Extensions looks like in your AdWords dashboard…
- Having a Review Extension from a reputable source in your ads can build your overall credibility and establish trust in your business.
- Google claims that they will validate and approve every ad in order to prevent spammy and bogus reviews from being published.
- The Review Extension blurb you include in your ads can be a paraphrased review or an exact quote from the publication you are drawing from.
- The review should be about your business as a whole, and not necessarily about a specific product or service.
- Campaign level extensions are given priority and reviewed faster by Google than ad group level extensions. Google recommends setting Review Extensions at the campaign level.
- Review Extensions can display alongside any other extension except Offer Extensions.
How do you plan to use Review Extensions in your AdWords campaigns? Let us know in the comments or tweet at us @verticalrail!