Magento is the most popular ecommerce solution on the market today. What makes it so popular is its flexibility. Whether you plan on having a few dozen SKUs or many thousands, Magento is our platform of choice to build custom ecommerce websites—individually tailored to each business’ needs.
Magento’s flexibility extends by seamlessly fitting into your current operations. Rather than adapting your business, products and work flow to fit your ecommerce platform, Magento can be adapted to work with the systems you already have in place. Because Magento is open source software, countless companies and individuals have developed extensions that help Magento integrate with your current systems. Manage your inventory in QuickBooks? Have a POS system running transactions in your brick-and-mortar store? Magento has an extension for that.
Our Approach to Magento Development:
In Magento, there are several ways to do things, including the wrong way. It is supremely important to have a team that intimately understands how Magento is put together, and is intent on always following best practices. We put our greatest minds on laying out the framework for your products using Categories, Attributes and Options to best help your customers find the items they are looking for.
- Adaptability – Magento can be configured to fit any business model, selling any product imaginable.
- Scalability – Start small and grow big, or start big and go global. Magento fits whatever size company you are today, and wherever you want to go tomorrow.
- Multi-Store – Have more than one business model? Need to serve more than one audience? You can run multiple stores off the same install.
- B2B/B2C – Do you have a retail and wholesale side of your business? You can sell to both simultaneously, or any configuration you require.
- Multi-Language – Want to sell internationally and have your site in multiple languages and currencies? Magento can handle that.
- Integrations – Do you have the need to integrate with your inventory system, your shipping system, you POS system, your bookkeeping system, your CRM software, or your email program? Magento can integrate with many common systems to further simplify your workflow.
- Extensions – thousands of extensions exist that will refine and extend the Magento’s core functionality, further customizing the way you do business.
- Market-Ready – Built with marketing in mind, seamlessly integrating with current SEO trends and best practices.
Business Moves Faster
To a business evaluating ecommerce platforms, Magento can appear to come with quite a learning curve. True, it is a very complex system of files and templates, but there is a superior elegance in the complexity. The developers of Magento have thought of everything, and any nuance you can imagine for your store has already been programed in. There are no limitations to what you can do and what your store can hold. You are starting with a blank canvas ready to create your masterwork.
Your Magento website will be market-ready at launch. Magento comes with several features to incorporate SEO, and our expertise in the field will help you get off the ground. We will build your site and advise you how to become more visible, how to structure your titles and content, and how help customers on your site find what they are looking for.
Magento has two versions, self-hosted Community Edition (CE) and Magento-hosted Enterprise Edition (EE). The Magento software for each version is identical. The difference comes with who hosts, implements and manages your installation. While we are equally adept at creating a store in either environment, we have found many businesses choose CE.
We will approach your project in 3 phases:
Phase 1 – Hosting & Build
- Establish hosting
- Obtain domain registrar info
- Find out where email is hosted, and if there are any changes that will need to be made to existing accounts
- Install Magento
- Vet and purchase theme, install theme
- Purchase and install extensions, as necessary
- Customize theme if necessary, add branding
Phase 2 – Products, Categories & Attributes
- Create spreadsheet of products and all info (SKU, title, descriptions, pricing, attributes, categories, tax info, weight, etc…)
- Organize all product images, videos
- Map out category tree, create categories and dependencies based on the category map
- Create attributes and attribute sets appropriate for products
- Create options, if applicable
- Upload product CSV file with complete info, categories, attribute values, etc.
- Assign images to products
- Build out/clean up any products or categories that need finalizing
- Install any extensions for order processing/handling that are needed
Phase 3 – Settings & Integrations
- Set tax information
- Set shipping configurations
- Set payment solutions
- Set email notifications for orders, returns, etc.
- Add static pages for policy, delivery, privacy, returns, etc.
- Set up SSL
- Install/work with vendors to set up any integrations with 3rd party POS, CRM or email systems
- Add any final art for homepage, categories, etc.
- Prep for launch, test
- Train owner/staff on how the system works
- Monitor for 2 weeks (minimum) to ensure hosting level is correct, fix issues if they arise, create a smooth transition
- Have a follow-up training if necessary